A geometrynodes-setup to draw cobblestone with filled curves.
Includes CobbleDraw-Nodegroup, a procedural stone shader as well as mud, and a example scene.
Ready for AssetBrowser!
(for 3.1 use Nodeobject because collection is not supported; for 3.2 use the collection and realize) (everthing else works the same for both 3.1 and 3.2);
Or just append the Collection 'CobbleDraw' or the 'CobbleDrawNodeObject'
(In 3.2 you can also use the new Curve-Pen)
Not everything is possible, there are limitations to the system, here are a few Tips:
- Draw both sides of the 'path' you want, or the entire outline. Even with 'cyclic' enabled, the different splines will not be connected. If you want a big 'net of paths' , it has to be made of 1 Spline!
- Though the re-meshing isn't unlimited, the path should have a relatively consistent width (if you make it at one place very big and the rest is shallow, the sizes of the mesh/stones differs significantly!)
- It's all actual geometry! Don't make it the Route 66 or Camino Santiago!
For the Modifier-Menu i tried to add Tooltips to the most sliders. So you should be able to just try it, still something to mention:
- If you have still holes in your path, or want to change the general stone diameter, go to the *Merge/'remesh' * section and try changing these values. although, take it with a pinch of salt, it's still a very limited system.
- About Mud:
Feedback is highly appreciated!
If you like CobbleDraw, please rate it, and help spread the work! ....If you like it a lot, every donation helps a ton!
If you want to share your art with me, please tag me on twitter @Pleebs_xyz
For Feedback, questions, suggestions and bugs:
- Discord: https://discord.gg/WbKkvmzr
- Blenderartists: https://blenderartists.org/t/cobbledraw-thread-a-free-geometry-nodes-tool-asset/1381083
For updates and news:
- changed Object Info of the 'TargetObject' to Relative, so the 'TargetObject' don't need to be applied
Youre allowed to use CobbleDraw commercially and non-commercially. You're not allowed to resell CobbleDraw or the included materials!
Big Thanks to:
Trinumedia for reviewing on the *Q'n'A and Critique' #49 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmF2WZAtbHs ) ;
the community on the erindale.xyz discord-server, for steady help and good answers! ;
CgMatter for making tons of great free tutorials! I highly recommend checking out his Video *Turning ANYTHING into Rocks - Blender Geometry Nodes* on the DefaultCube YT-channel; if you want to learn how turn quad-based meshes into stones!
A geometrynodes-setup to draw cobblestone with filled curves. Includes CobbleDraw-Nodegroup, a procedural stone shader as well as mud, and a example scene. Ready for AssetBrowser!